Thursday 9 July 2015

What makes a Great General Practitioner/Family Physician.

              A friend of mine recently asked me would I talk to his son who is considering going into Medicine in the  near future.  He figured that after fifty -five years in practice and teaching I should have some idea of what it is like.  Indeed I do and I informed him I would have both positive and negative aspects to describe.  In particular, my prognostications for the future of medical practitioners are not optimistic.  This led me to review what I consider the requirements to be an excellent GP/FP.in the twenty-first century.
              I was working on this when it occurred to me that it is much more important to hear what potential patients would consider the most important three or four qualities in a great GP/FP.  I have my list, but before publishing it I want your views and we can see how they match up!
             Anyone who cares to get involved, just leave me a comment and and let me know the qualities that you would require in a great Family Doctor!  Maybe between us we can come up with a worthwhile list!
              So come on, don't leave me without  any consumer input. 


             

No comments:

Post a Comment