Wednesday 1 April 2015

Patient Privacy- not for much longer!

                           Should a pilots medical history be the doctors responsibility to report because of the huge responsibility for so many lives? 
                           Okay, so what about school bus drivers? 
                            So what about a regular bus driver? 
                            And a cab driver? 
                            And a surgeon? 
                            And a family doctor? 
                            And a nurse? 
                            And an old guy who drives a car?
                            See where I'm taking you? 
                             I have had air line pilots, with various illnesses, who I  have told to take some time off while I investigate  their condition and have provided them with a certificate to be off work  for a specified time.
                            Should I have phoned the airline to report their condition even though I did not anticipate any unfortunate outcome and trusted the patient?  Of course not.
                             Soon, it will  all be resolved.  The administridiots in the ministry of health will  have  access to the electronic records, but only in very relevant cases, of course!  And if you believe that, I have a beautiful bridge I can sell you in San Francisco.  Very cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment