Friday 12 June 2020

The Scotch Martini.

The Scotch Martini. (A plagueday creation.)

Lest you should think I am sitting around during this plague overcome by hebetude, nothing could be further from the truth.
Many years ago a friend told me that he knows God loves us, otherwise he would never have created the Dry Martini. Reflecting that the end of days may be approaching has given me time to think about such profound issues and wonder if I could make some small contribution to the quality of life. I decided to share a small but enjoyable creation of my own that has been a closely guarded secret until now. I call it the Scotch Martini and I am going to publish this secret recipe for the first time.
In a shaker measure 80ml of Bombay Sapphire Gin, add 20ml of Martini Vermouth and then FIVE drops of Te Bheag Scotch. Shake well over ice, then serve in a chilled martini glass. Add one very wet stuffed Queen Olive. (The distinctive ingredient of the 'Dirty Martini). That is very important: the correct glass is essential and definitely enhances the taste. You now have a perfect Scottish Martini.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment