Friday 16 December 2016

You can hug a tree, but don't hug a patient!

  Below, my response to an article  in a medical newspaper giving the impression that perverted physicians, who sexually  abuse their patients are a great deal more common than they actually are.  Our College is doing a poor job in allowing the very small percentage of offenders to be portrayed as commonplace.   The Canadian Medical Association is doing an even poorer job in making the truth clear.  'Hugging' for a practitioner of Medicine has become a crime, just at the time when everyone else is lauding the miraculous effects of a hug!

   I've been retired for a few years now.  As I follow the medical news (one has time to do that in retirement!) I'm horrified by what I read.
  I delivered the babies of many patients and I delivered many of the patients I originally delivered, of their babies.  Hugs were common-place and any attempt to attach a prurient context to them only serves to reveal the lascivious mind - set of the government and medical administridiots, who cannot distinguish normal human warmth from perverted behaviour. 
  I am also horrified by the fact that my colleagues have taken all this BS lying down (if one is permitted to use that term in this 'politically correct' kakocracy.
  I liked most of my patients and they (for the most part) liked me.  That is what used to make medicine a great and rewarding career.  So sue me!!
Thank God I'm retired!!
 

 Stan Smith
medicalmanes.com
P.S.Feel free to make comments. I'd like to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment